DCI's environmental responsibility is reflected in the way we conduct our business.
We are always looking for new ways to reduce our carbon footprint. Whether it's in our shop or in the way we conduct our daily operations, we are persistent in making ourselves more energy efficient. We take measures across our network to maximize that impact whenever possible -- both in manufacturing and in day-to-day business operations.
We take an active role at the corporate level to ensure that our actions are environmentally sound. DCI is dedicated to finding and implementing new technologies to continue to reduce waste and streamline processes. Our manufacturing facility works with local recycling contractors to recycle scrap aluminum, steel, and plastics. Manufactured products that are removed from sites are hand scrapped at our facility and then reclaimed by our recycling partners.
Some of DCl's eco-friendly practices are:
- Retrofitting neon and fluorescent signs with LED to create as much as 95% in energy savings
- Reuse all packaging and shipping materials for future crating
- Disposing all neon and fluorescent lamps as hazardous waste
- Recycling left over paint waste and fillers through an EPA approved disposal contractor
- Decreasing internal paper use; implementing electronic document technology
- Employing energy-efficient and certified energy star appliances in our offices and manufacturing facility
We embrace environmentally friendly materials. We maintain strict adherence to our client's guidelines for staying "green" and providing sustainable design leadership in illumination such as LED technology.